1. Valid New Mexico Licensure in applicable field.
2. Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) endorsement preferred.
3. Must have or obtain First Aid/CPR certification and a Navajo Nation food handler's permit.
4. Bilingual (Dine'/English) preferred.
5. Must be able to meet minimum physical requirements; stand for a long period of time and lift at least 40 pounds.
6. Must have a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with and supports all Shiprock Associated Schools' policies and procedures including all SASI curriculum and strategies; includes guidelines related to COVID-19 and any unforeseen pandemic.
2. Integrates the school philosophy and mission statement into the area of work.
3. Meet the six New Mexico State competencies:
a. The Teacher communicates accurately and effectively in the content area and maintains a professional rapport with students.
b. The Teacher maintains communication and feedback from students in a manner that enhances students' learning and understanding.
c. The Teacher appropriately utilizes a variety of teaching methods and resources for each area taught.
d. The Teacher encourages the development of student involvement, responsibility, critical thinking skills, writing skills, language usage, and reading skills in content area.
e. The Teacher manages the classroom to insure the best of instructional time.
f. The Teacher creates an atmosphere conducive to learning, achievement, and self- discipline.
4. Demonstrates the ability to effectively work with Native American students and parents.
5. Work effectively as a member of an educational team on a school-wide and community-wide basis in developing short- and long-term goals based on identified student needs.
6. Work effectively as a team member in collecting and analyzing data systematically through an on-going process of planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating to achieve established goals.
7. Model effective classroom management techniques and teaching strategies.
8. Model teaching strategies that foster critical thinking skills and higher order cognitive skills.
9. Model innovation, fun, and creativity in the teaching and learning process.
10. Parent Contacts-participate in two parent conferences and two PAC meetings per year. Student conferences will be utilized to discuss each student's achievement. In addition, the Teacher will initiate parent contact through notes, phone calls and, when appropriate, home visits.
11. Participate in SASI sponsored in-service activities, some of which may be required of certain positions.
12. Display knowledge of current professional literature to meet the instructional focus of the school.
13. Responsible for own professional growth through an on-going program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro