BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Human Resources Department
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
ESL TEACHER - Foreign Languages
District Wide - All Grade Levels
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students, and provides both social and emotional support for English Language Learners.
- Administers specialized ELL assessments.
- Designs lessons that provide opportunity for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real-world problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior that foster student self-discipline and positive relationships among students.
- Commits to on-going professional development in content area and pedagogy.
- Plans learning activities to address individual differences among students.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates quality formative and summative assessments that reflect a balance of content knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Monitors, and evaluates students' progress in relation to district/school curriculum and policies and other planned goals and objectives.
- Encourages, secures, and maintains the involvement of parents and other community members in support of instruction.
- Involves parents in the assessment of their children's progress and needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required certification: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Lang. (TESOL), PK-12 (111); Master's degree preferred.
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting preferred.
- Experience in the use of educational technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary schedule.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
"Bridgeport Public Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."