English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher/Coordinator (2023-24 SY)
TX Bilingual Endorsement and/or ESL Certificate (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Two or more years of teaching experience preferred
Experience as an ESL teacher or coordinator preferred
- Implement procedures and coordinate the process to identify bilingual/ESL students at all grade levels, including review of student data and testing of students.
- Develop and revise bilingual and ESL curriculum as needed.
- Assist teachers to develop and provide bilingual and ESL students with appropriate course work through curriculum modification, accelerations, etc.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the bilingual and ESL programs and implement changes based on the findings.
- Provide resources and materials to support staff in accomplishing program goals.
- Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, community agencies, and other relevant individuals regarding bilingual and ESL students.
- Plan and conduct parent meetings, including parent advisory committee meetings.
- Compile budget and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Assist with the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment and supplies for the program.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other required documents.
- Train campus personnel and oversee LPAC meetings and paperwork.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for the following people to be a part of the SA Prep family. Champions that know the educational experiences of black and brown students and want to be a part of the change. Champions that love working in low-income minority communities. Champions that have demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and want to be held accountable for them. Champions that have a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly. Champions that work with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes. Champions that thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change. Champions that seek and respond well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization. Champions that work through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes. Champions that believe that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.