The Graduate Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of the football program within the guidelines of the NCAA, Great Midwest Athletic Conference, and the University. The graduate assistant coach will give support by coaching student-athletics, recruiting, monitoring student athlete academic progress, scheduling, managing travel and scholarships and overseeing the discipline, conduct and image of the student-athlete.Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspect of the Football program that would include: instruction, practice planning and preparation, recruitment of qualified student-athletes and scouting.
- Monitoring progress for the Football team's academic progress.
- Responsible for all aspects of game day set-up.
- Assist in managerial decision of scheduling, travel arrangements and supervision of student-athlete's.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by head coach.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidate must be accepted into one of the following ODU Graduate Programs: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Education (Med), Master of English (MA), Master of Sport Management (MS), Master of Theology (MA), Master of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
- Qualified candidate must show demonstrated coaching success, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a college student-athlete preferred or minimum of 2-years coaching experience.
- Tuition grant covers the cost of 18 credit hours (usually 6 courses) per academic year.
- $5,000 yearly stipend.
- Will develop written and oral communication skills through correspondences with coaches, players and faculty/staff members.
- Will develop leadership and management skills needed to aid coaches and players on and off the field.
- Will gain logistical experience while assisting in scheduling and travel arrangements.
- Will identify and apply appropriate ethical practices in decision making in accordance with Ohio Dominican, G-MAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Will gain hands on experience that will help prepare for post graduate life.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is, instead, a description of the essential elements of the position.Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. Job Posted by ApplicantPro