- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience working with international students/employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation, organization, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population, as well as with a broad range of co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Must meet requirements to be approved as a Designated School Official (DSO) (citizen of the USA or a lawful permanent resident of the United States).
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of US visa processes; knowledge of university's academic policies and procedures and the SCT Banner System; fluency in Chinese.
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
Position Details Position Purpose
Work closely with the Executive Director of Global Engagement and Director of ISSO to provide administrative support for the ESL Institute and ISSO. This position is responsible for managing applications and maintaining close communication with all international applicants in three areas: English as a Second Language (ESL), American Semester Abroad Program (ASAP) and Global Achievement Pathway Program (GAPP). Duties would include recruiting students for these areas and monitoring student academic standing by providing academic advising and processing paperwork as a DSO. The position will also support the ISSO in the production of initial I-20s for degree seeking students, research new recruitment options, develop new initiatives which seek to develop and maintain domestic and international partnerships in order to increase ESL and academic (ASAP/GAPP) student enrollment.
Job Open Date 08/24/2023 Job Close Date