Position: Account Manager, International Sales Team
Reports to: Manager, International Sales Team
Department: International Sales Team
Location: US Remote (see location requirements below)
Who we are:
CIEE is a non-profit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, and our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by up to 25%. Our top-tier benefits include:
- Paid time off and Parental leave
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 6 floating Fridays (based on our eligibility rules)
- CIEE Study Abroad and TEFL Program discounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer contribution
- Insurance Coverage (life, travel, medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts (medical and dependent)
- Voluntary Benefits (identity theft protection, pet insurance, accident, and critical illness)
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study-abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place.
Who you are:
The International Sales Team develops and manages B2B relationships to recruit participants for all CIEE's inbound student exchanges to the United States: summer work and travel, camp counselor, intern, trainee, and exchanges at the high school level, serving approximately 35,000 foreign students each year as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State BridgeUSA (J-1 Visa) programs.
The Account Manager will work on both High School Exchange, as well as the Work Exchange Programs: work and travel, camp counselor, intern, and trainee.
Acting as the primary liaison for International Representatives in a specified region, the Account Manager will manage annual cooperation agreements, sales training, program marketing/development, and overall sales targets. Additionally, the Account Manager will seek out new partnerships, and new markets and develop CIEE program sales in specified countries. The Account Manager is extremely comfortable working in Excel to analyze data and can pull from data resources for the purpose of creating customized reports, insights, and takeaways to drive increased sales.
The Account Manager will assist the Director of the International Sales Team in the achievement of annual program sales goals and long-term business development objectives for all Exchange programs.
What you'll do:
- Aggressively drive sales by actively engaging and supporting CIEE's existing network of International Representatives
- Develop new business relationships in specified markets
- Research and identify new market opportunities for CIEE programs
- Analyze and report on sales data to identify trends to help inform departmental & market strategies
- Identify areas of risk, as well as opportunity, to ensure budget targets are met or exceeded
- Work closely with the CIEE product owners to help define the respective product sales strategies
- Liaise regularly with CIEE's operations team to ensure that each International Representative is receiving the highest level of customer service from CIEE
- Willingness to take on new projects and duties as assigned by the Director
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of sales and account management experience required, preferably with international clients
- Experience in education sales is strongly preferred
- Experience managing leads and data in CRM systems is required, Salesforce experience is strongly preferred
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel required, advanced Excel and reporting skills strongly preferred
- Experience building credible relationships across functions and management levels
- Experience living, studying, teaching, and/or working abroad is strongly preferred
- Ability to work across cultures and international borders
- Comfortable learning new technology
- Driven, ambitious, and enthusiastic to support sales in a competitive environment
- Desire to work in a global and collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and multi-tasking skills along with a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of a second language preferred
The position is available to candidates in the United States, except for candidates residing in:
- New York (State and City)
- Washington (State)
- Jersey City, NJ
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.