The Touro College field supervisor will fulfill the role of clinical instructor. Field supervisors will conduct classroom observations, provide targeted actionable feedback, and assessing candidates” performance in the classroom based on a subset of components of the Danielson Framework of Teaching. Field supervisors are required to attend meetings and participate in ongoing professional development workshops/webinars each semester.
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Visit up to 18 teacher candidates per semester to complete classroom observations and coaching conversations
- Provide direct feedback that leads to rapid improvement in candidates” performance.
- Determine the best supports to meet specific teacher candidates” development needs.
- Assess each candidate”s development using a rubric based on Danielson”s Framework for Teaching.
- Write and submit observation reports electronically (via Qualtrics)
- Participate in all required introductory and ongoing trainings and meetings.
- Communicate regularly and openly with program staff.
- Facilitate the online field experience, practicum and student teaching experiences in CANVAS.
- Masters Degree in Education preferred plus Teacher Certification - Early Childhood (Birth - 2), Childhood (Grades 1 - 6), Special Education (Grades 7 - 12) or related teaching license.
- Strong education background and instructional skill set with experience in high-need schools
- Familiarity with the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Professional experience with English, English as a second language (ESl/TESOL), math, science, Spanish, special education, special education - D75 (moderate to severe settings)
- Experience working with pre-service and in-service teachers.
- Knowledge and experience with online instruction
- Knowledge of trends in educational pedagogy, e-learning, and curriculum design.
- Ability to give direct, clear, and concise feedback aimed at improving teacher performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, handle changing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and constituents.
- Strong technology skills such as familiarity with online data entry systems, learning management systems (Blackboard, CANVAS), and email.