Posting Number F00694 Position Title ESL Lead Instructor - FLT Family Literacy Program Position Number PTESL1 Salary for Announcement
The final salary is based on the number of credit hours assigned at a rate determined by University policy.
Please visit this link for additional information: AF-2022-Pay-Dates-and-Rates.docx (live.com)
Employee Category Affiliate Faculty Department Family Literacy Program EClass Code Part-Time Affiliate Faculty Position Summary
"Families Learning Together" has an opening for a part-time lead instructor to teach ESL adults in the Family Literacy Program. Position is semester-based and includes classroom instruction and planning time.
Establishment of Department Pool for ESL Lead Instructor - FLT Family Literacy Program. Qualified applicants will be placed in the departmental pool and will be considered for affiliate/part-time departmental needs.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide direct classroom instruction for adults using appropriate ESL curriculum, teaching methods and materials
- Coordinate with lead teaching staff regarding curriculum, materials, student goals, testing and evaluation
- Demonstrate curriculum methods and materials to volunteer tutors or teaching aides as needed
- Perform accurate testing, record keeping and reporting responsibilities
- Work with Family Literacy staff in planning Parent enrichment and intergenerational learning activities with families
- Attend workshops, trainings and in-services as requested by leadership team
- Foster encouraging and supportive learning environment for students by responding to instructional needs and concerns.
- Instructors will be expected to pack up and move classroom space as part of the their responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field
- Current CDE Adult Basic Education Authorization (ABEA) or enrollment in initial coursework upon hire and receipt of certification within two years.
- Three years' minimum experience with adult learners,.
- Knowledge and practice of current ESL and adult education theory
- Experience with standard educational assessment tools
- Ability to lift/carry 20 lbs.
- Master's in ESL or related field
- Basic conversational Spanish skills
- Proven ability to work and be sensitive to the educational needs of immigrant, low income, and diverse urban populations.
Posting date 09/17/2019 Closing date Closing Instructions To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you will have to apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
If you have been previously employed by the department you will only need to submit a revised CV.
If you have not been been employed by the department you will need to submit all the requested documentation.
Talent Team Representative Talent Team Representative E-mail Benefits
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more information on our employee affinity groups please visit this link.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Thank you for considering employment at Metropolitan State University of Denver! We would like to know how you heard about MSU Denver and our Career Site. Please select the category below that describes how you heard about the position you are applying for.
- msudenver.edu Career Site
- A friend or colleague
- Andrew Hudson
- Colorado State Home page
- Current MSU Denver Employee
- Google Jobs Search
- Higher Ed Jobs
- The Chronicle of Higher Education