TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH - EXTENDED DAY/YEAR
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00057293
SCHOOL YEAR: 2023-2024
POSTING NUMBER: 00057293
LOCATION: 330:REGINALD CHAVEZ ES
POSITION TITLE: TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH - EXTENDED DAY/YEAR
- Provide school-based leadership for the improvement of instructional practice and student achievement by investing in job-embedded professional learning, expecting high quality performance and accounting for results.
- Facilitate teacher learning.
- Participate as a member of the school Instructional Council.
- Work individually and with small groups of teachers to improve professional practice through coaching, planning and reflection.
- Provide high levels of expertise in core content, pedagogy and differentiated instruction.
- Function as learners and leaders of professional learning communities at the school and at district level.
- Provide support for teachers on the collection, analysis and use of student assessment data to guide instructional planning for teachers and/or grade level or department teams.
- Provide direction and professional development to increase teacher capacity and to improve student outcomes by focusing on support for teachers, collaboration and the school and system plan for instructional improvement.
- Attend required trainings.
- New hires must also attend a Cognitive Coaching Seminar.
- Complies with state approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession.
- Articulates and facilitates the implementation of the mission and values of Albuquerque Public Schools.
- Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records and reports.
- Shares the responsibility for the supervision and care of District inventory.
- Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively.
- Complies with required APS pre-employment and other employment conditions, working environment and physical demands.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in Spanish when serving in Spanish/English bilingual schools.
- Understanding of Response to Intervention, Academic Improvement Planning and SAT process. Ability to demonstrate effective lesson planning, delivery for English learners and students with other special needs.
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software including Excel and AIMS.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology as an integrated instructional component/tool.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
- Highly qualified in math for middle schools.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with National Board Certification.
- Valid New Mexico Education Level III License 200 (for ES positions) or 300, 350 or 500 (for MS positions only) with at least one of the following endorsements: language arts, social studies, math, science, reading, TESOL or bilingual.
- Seven years teaching experience with experience in support of peers.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in core academic subject matter and in intervention programs for literacy, math and differentiated instruction the in classroom.
- Knowledge of Common Core State Standards in ELA/Literacy and Math and district benchmarks and assessments.
Contact: Lynda Torres at / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
Provide supporting documents according to the application instructions.
SALARY: Salary Schedule A
START DATE: August 2023