EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
DIVISION: Teaching and Learning
REPORTS TO: Director of Bilingual/ESL
SUPERVISES: No direct reports
NO OF DAYS: 187
PAY GRADE: Teacher Scale
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university; Bilingual/ESL certified
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years successful teaching experience in a Bilingual and/or ESL classroom
To promote the quality of curriculum, instruction and professional development in the assigned content area. The BE/ESL Coach will collaborate with teachers to provide training using research-based instructional approaches, and interventions to meet district/campus needs based upon the analysis of student achievement data.
1. Provide content and instructional expertise as well as on-site technical
assistance and professional development to support district initiatives
2. Provide expertise in standards-based lesson planning and the development
and analysis of classroom-based formative assessments.
3. Model lessons for teachers.
4. Conduct focused observations with "next step" support to teachers.
5. Collaborate in planning and co-teaching with teachers.
6. Assist teachers with intervention strategies and implementation of
7. Support Professional Learning Communities by modeling collaborative
structures, providing professional resources, compiling and analyzing
data, assisting in the design of interventions, and modeling and
co-teaching best practices.
8. Provide technical assistance in collating and analyzing of data for
instructional decision making.
9. Assist with curriculum alignment.
10. Collaborate with the Bilingual Supervisor to meet campus and district
11. Serve as trainer and modeler of effective research-based teaching strategies
that result in high levels of student engagement and achievement.
12. Conduct study groups organized around professional books/materials.
13. Attend and participate in grade level meetings as needed.
14. Keep professional learning journals and assist teachers in the process
of developing professional learning journals.
15. Assist teachers and campuses by building leadership capacity.
16. Participate fully in professional development for coaches, including
peer observation and professional research as well as reading and
1. Knowledgeable of ESL methodologies, bilingual transferable skills and
2. Knowledgeable of effective teaching techniques and procedures connected
with Professional Development and Appraisal System, (PDAS).
3. Ability to work well with a diverse population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; move throughout the room and/or facility; communicate verbally and electronically; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or crawl; and climb or balance. Regularly required to lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Computer and Printer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, the minimum level of education noted as a requirement could be supplemented by commensurate experience and/or certification(s) or license(s) as determined by the hiring manager.