The Global Development Division develops and implements programs in basic education, vocational and higher education, teacher training and capacity development. Within the TESOL Education practice area, World Learning designs and implements programs around the world contributing to the development of English language educators' teaching skills and English language skills. These programs are funded by an array of government and private organizations and are delivered in face-to-face, blended, and online modalities. The TESOL Education practice area also delivers accredited and non-accredited certificate programs through partner sites located in different parts of the world.
As part of its work and contributing to World Learning's mission, the TESOL Education team will manage the New Vermonter Education Program (NVEP) hosted at the SIT campus. This program provides needed support to Afghan and other refugees as they settle into their new life in the U.S through the development of English communications skills and cultural competencies. The classes may take place on-site and/or in virtual formats. In collaboration with the World Learning and SIT Management and the NVEP Coordinator, the NVEP Instructor is directly involved with program students through in-person and/or online English language and cultural immersion instruction and activities taking place at the SIT campus and other sites including Brattleboro, Bennington, Bellows Falls, and Rockingham.
Interested candidates should submit their CV or resume and cover letter (in English) to: NVEP@worldlearning.org
. Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note explaining your qualifications for the position. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver English language and cultural integration lessons, content, and activities to groups of students of 15 to 20 students (ages 12-up). Delivery format may include in-person and/or virtual with a communicative focus.
- Design and implement formal and informal assessment tools measuring outcomes in collaboration with the NVEP Coordinator and technical team.
- Provide student attendance and engagement information as requested by the program management team.
- Utilize NVEP student learning management systems under direction of NVEP Coordinator
- Participate in instructor team meetings as scheduled by the program management team.
- Participate in professional development opportunities offered by the program.
- Provide an end-of-the course report of lessons learned and areas to consider for upcoming programs.
- Complete assessment activities on student achievement in meeting learning outcomes, which may include narrative evaluations of each student's work and learning.
• Education: BA in Education, Certificate or MA in TESOL, Education preferred
• Experience: Minimum three years of language program management experience and five years of classroom teaching experience
• Language: Native-level English language fluency or C2 level in the CERF required. Excellent writing skills required.
• Knowledge: Knowledge and experience with communicative language teaching methodology; ELT resource materials; American history and culture; use of technology to support the learning purposes
• Management Experience: Proven experience managing teaching staff, courses, and administrative procedures; directing teams with diverse functions; clear communication skills; planning and carrying out management plans
• Skills and Abilities: Cross-cultural teaching skills, strong leadership, effective communication (oral and written) skills, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and TEAMS. Knowledge of Google Cloud applications such as Google Classroom, Forms, and Sheets.
• Ability to take initiative, be creative, flexible, and work independently and with a teamDesired Qualifications:
• Familiarity with primary Afghan languages and culture
• Familiarity with U.S. Government grant management
Vaccination is strongly recommended for all employees in our U.S. offices except for those receiving medical or religious exemptions. If boosters are subsequently recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) then employees and faculty will be recommended to receive the booster within thirty (30) days of their eligibility. Benefits
World Learning provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA/HRA, Life/AD&D, Short Term/Long Term Disability, EAP, Parking and Transit, 403 (b) retirement plan for full-time and eligibile part-time employees.The World Learning Inc. Family
For more than 90 years, World Learning Inc. is a thriving global organization made up of The Experiment in International Living, the nation's most experienced provider of international education through exchanges for high school students; School for International Training, offering accredited undergraduate study abroad programs through SIT Study Abroad and internationally focused master's degrees through SIT Graduate Institute; and World Learning, a global development and exchange nonprofit organization.World Learning | worldlearning.org
World Learning has worked to create a more sustainable, peaceful, and just world. World Learning's education, development, and exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their communities, strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of a democratic society, and build relationships across cultures. With World Learning's support, these emerging leaders tackle critical global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.The Experiment in International Living | experiment.org
The Experiment in International Living is the nation's most experienced provider of international education through exchanges for high school students. For more than 90 years, The Experiment has empowered young people to step off the beaten path, experience the world as a classroom, immerse themselves fully in another culture, and build the knowledge and skills needed to confront critical global issues.SIT | sit.edu
School for International Training (SIT) was founded in the early 1960s as a training center for the first Peace Corps volunteers. For nearly 60 years, SIT has prepared students to be effective changemakers and global citizens through experiential education focused on the world's most critical global issues. SIT Study Abroad offers accredited summer and semester undergraduate programs in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs on multiple continents. SIT Graduate Institute offers global and hybrid certificates, master's, and doctoral degrees.An organizational commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
We are a globally diverse community of staff, faculty, board members, alumni, students, and participants who believe that inclusive and equitable practices are at the heart of a peaceful and just world. Each of us strives to honor diverse voices and lived experiences, examine our own biases and privileges, actively work to address inequities in our structures, and foster a community of open dialogue. We are committed to acting with accountability, transparency, reciprocity, authenticity, and empathy.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. Job Posted by ApplicantPro