Description: Roseville Area Schools has a vacancy for a long-term substitute English Language (EL) teacher at Emmett D. Williams Elementary School. This is a .4 FTE position that will start August 28, 2023, and end June 7, 2024.
* A MN Teaching License in English as a Second Language (K-12) is required.
* Commitment to an equitable education experience for all.
* Demonstrated understanding of cultural competence.
We are looking for an educator who has...
* Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies to meet a wide range of diverse student learning styles and abilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, district staff and community members from diverse backgrounds.
* Belief that all children can and will learn at all levels.
* Contribute effectively as a member of a Professional Learning Community.
* Plans culturally responsive lessons, incorporating diverse cultural materials and learning styles.
* Motivates students by connecting with them through relationships and connecting curriculum with their lives.
* Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
* Uses authentic and varied forms of assessment of and for learning.
* Communicates often with parents/guardians especially about successes, but certainly to give them warning of the first sign of a student's inability to accomplish work.
* Attends parent/guardian conferences to discuss student progress.
* Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
Compensation: Minimum full year, full time starting salary is $46,124 (prorated based on FTE), plus a district contribution toward health and dental insurance.
Application Timeline: Roseville Area Schools continuously accepts applications for employment and you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. This Notice of Vacancy will be posted until filled.
Equity: Roseville Area Schools is committed to ensuring an equitable and respectful educational experience for every student, family, and staff member, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, home or first language, religion, national origin, age, or physical appearance. Roseville Area Schools seeks individuals who embody this commitment.
Roseville Area Schools
1251 County Rd B2 W
Roseville, MN 55113