Part Time/Adjunct Adult Education English as Second Language (ESL) Instructor - Grant Funded
?? Georgia - Chatham - Savannah (https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/24281/other-jobs-matching/location-only)
? ? 4 additional locations
Georgia - Bryan - Pembroke (https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/24281/other-jobs-matching/location-only?location\id=317) Georgia - Effingham - Springfield Georgia - Liberty - Hinesville (https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/24281/other-jobs-matching/location-only?location\id=263) Georgia - Chatham - Pooler
Savannah Technical College - STC
?? ? ? ?
Jul 14, 2022 Post Date
Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
Savannah Technical College seeks Part Time/Adjunct ESL Instructors for the Adult Education program that serves students in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, and Liberty counties. This program is grant-funded. The instructor will be responsible for:
- Instructing students, developing program syllabi, goals and objectives;
- Evaluating students' progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- Ensuring student learning outcomes are attained and appropriately recorded;
- Maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate;
- Preparing and maintaining required documentation and administrative reports;
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom;
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students.
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, and the Adjunct Instructor must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between campus locations. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within this program and also work diligently to maximize positive student outcomes.
- Bachelor's in relevant degrees or equivalent coursework in English.
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in usage of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's in TESL, TESOL, English with a TESL certificate, linguistics with a TESL certificate, applied linguistics with a TESL certificate, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate.
- Master's in linguistics, applied linguistics, English, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, speech, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate, linguistics with a TESL certificate, or applied linguistics with a TESL certificate.
- One or more years' full-time, paid teaching experience
- Active participation in appropriate professional/occupational organizations
Physical Demands Work is typically performed in a classroom environment with intermittent sitting or walking in various settings. The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight.
Salary/Benefits Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Application Deadline Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers (https://ga.taleo.net/careersection/ga_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=EDU001B) , and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify (http://webfront.savannahtech.edu/assets/AFFIRMATIVE%20ACTION%20INVITATION%20TO%20SELF%20IDENTIFY.pdf) For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com . Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
- Agency Logo:
- Requisition ID: EDU05K5
- Number of Openings: 1
- Shift: Variable