Supports and enhances student learning for the school”s English-learning student population.Who We Are Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence, SCSE)
is a public charter school located in Stamford, Connecticut. The school launched in 2015 to 168 scholars in grades PK-1. The school has since expanded to serve 560 scholars in grades PK-8 and has become one of the highest-performing schools in the state. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our affiliate school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School. Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers. Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success. Responsibilities:
- Use mainstream curriculum, additional resources, and SEI strategies as the vehicle to teach content and the English language.
- Progressively foster scholars to achieve English proficiency and academic mastery of subject matter content and higher order skills, including critical thinking, to meet appropriate grade level expectations
- Provide expertise and consult with Principals and teachers in planning and implementing strategies that address the needs and abilities of the EL student population
- Regularly monitor students to determine progress in language acquisition to provide input on placement and eventual exit from the program.
- Assist in the administration and coordination of the annual assessment (LAS Links) of identified EL students as mandated by State and Federal statutes.
- Communicate with parents/guardians of bilingual students regarding progress and changes to services using meetings, conferences, and report cards.
- Work with building administration and the instructional team to develop reasonable schedules for supports
- Participates in building level meetings
- Reports to Principal.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of student progress
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- CT Teaching Certification -Dual certification in Bilingual/TESOL, with experience in Sheltered English Immersion instruction and/or fluency in a language other than English will be given preference
- Experience working with EL students preferred, with knowledge of identification, instruction, and assessment practices
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, parents, teachers, and administrators
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to foster and facilitate learning and classroom management
- **THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AND YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION.**
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Salary range ($51,187.68 -$124,603.20)
- Health Insurance, dental, vision & 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Leave/Parental Leave/FMLA
- Short-term, Long-term Disability benefits and Life Insurance