Teacher Pay ScalePrimary Purpose:
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.Qualifications: Education/Certification:
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
Letter of Acceptance from Educator Prep Program and Ability to Obtain Intern Certification Within One Year for Subject and Level AssignedSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Capitalizes students' interests to engage students to become independent learners.
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of subjects assigned
Uses information about individual student to make learning more meaningful and relevantMajor Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional Strategies
Student Growth and Development
- Deliver the district curriculum.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and
Professional Growth and Development
- Establish and maintain open of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling, moving of small equipment