Blackhawk Middle School is seeking a versatile teacher who has a working knowledge of grade 6-8 Illinois Learning Standards for ELA. In addition, this teacher
must be familiar with current pedagogy and interventions that produce results with English Learner students. Potential candidates should be well versed in the academic, social and emotional needs
of EL students in middle school. Candidates must have high energy and a willingness to devote the time required to help students be successful in the content and language acquisition.
Expectations are that teachers will co-teach and teach their own classes of ELs as needed.
- Professional Educators License with Middle School ELA or Reading Endorsement.
- ESL endorsement or transitional bilingual endorsement (preferred).
- Successful teaching experience desired, but not necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide differentiated literacy instruction.
- Ability to provide English language instruction to English learners using high impact instructional strategies for a multi-lingual and diverse learning population.
- Ability to be an effective member of a team.
- Commitment to data-based decision making and continuous improvement model.
Online application which will include the formal application, resume, official transcripts and certificate, and letters of recommendation.
Application Procedure :
Please click the APPLY button