Adult ESL TeacherJob Summary:
To provide assistance to Adult English language learners who are seeking to improve their English Language skills.Schedule:
3 hrs of teaching plus 1 hour of prep per week; 10 weeksReports to:
ESL DirectorTasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist Parent/Family members of students with improving their English Language skills.
- Establish English goals with adults in class to determine appropriate curriculum and learning experiences
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences at the beginner and intermediate levels.
- Provide information regarding community events, resources and classes that can further develop English skills, connect families of ELs to their community, and provide assistance for other family needs
- Invite representatives from the community (public librarian, representatives from Community Center, etc. to visit English classes to connect with parents
Salary: $35/hour Barnstable Public Schools is an EOE and strongly encourages minority candidates to apply
- Appropriate ESL teaching license
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills