ESL TEACHER/COORDINATOR BATTLE MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL2023-24 SY BENEFITS:
Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 20.90% employer contribution to your PERA retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, tuition reimbursement, free CMC credits, amongst others. For full time employeesHIRING SALARY RANGE:
$47,160 - $65,258 per yearPOSITION SALARY RANGE:
$47,160 - $110,904 per year
For the most current salary schedules, please visit https://www.eagleschools.net/salary-schedules SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This will be a combination ESL teacher and ESL co-teacher, including assisting with the WIDA ESL testing program. Plans instruction and assessment aligned with District learner outcomes and State achievement standards. Supervises assigned students and maintains a positive learning environment. Adapts instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement. Maintains positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the approved Eagle County School's curriculum.
- Participate in cluster group meetings focusing on student learning and individual growth goals/goals.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Provide support and knowledge that inspires and encourages the professional growth of teachers at the cluster group meeting and school-wide as resources are utilized for the enhancement of student learning.
- Contribute to the professional development of other teachers including but not limited to modeling the use and application of best practices, and peer support with lesson planning and designing consistent with state standards and district goals.
- Plan standards based learning, including selection of content, instructional strategies, and assessments, appropriate for all learners and aligned with District outcomes.
- Teach to an identified learning objective, presents content accurately, implements a variety of instructional strategies, checks frequently for student understanding, and monitors student progress.
- Adapt instruction to meet the learning needs of all students thus increasing the probability of advancing their achievement.
- Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning and maximizing learning time.
- Establish and demonstrate positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Maintain an ongoing program of professional growth that meets District requirements and expectations and personal professional goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- For applicants applying for a Career/Technical Education positions, must be CTE certified or be willing to gain CTE certification.
- Active teacher authorization or license issued by the State of Colorado.
- Must be "Highly Qualified" according to the Colorado's definition of a "Highly Qualified" teacher under the No Child Left Behind Act (effective January 1, 2004 for current teachers and 2002-03 for newly hired teachers).
- Endorsement in the area(s) of teaching assignment preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.