Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments.
- Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and mange their behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional activities.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of Dalhart ISD
This describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.