- $61000-$69540 per year
- $1,500 annual increase for Master degree
Benefits & Rewards:
- 24 vacation days (increases with years of service)
- 8 sick days
- Quality low cost benefits (you can view our plans by visiting https://benefits.devereux.org)
- 403(b) plan with employer match/contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Interested in advancing your career? Devereux is proud to offer ASCEND - the first career accelerator program exclusively designed to give behavioral healthcare workers - the career guidance, one-on-one coaching, skills and financial assistance you need to reach your full potential. This program includes 100% of tuition covered (up to $15k reimbursed annually for undergraduate and $25k reimbursed annually for graduate) and student loan repayment! Learn morehere
Devereux CT UCS Program:
Are you interested in making a life-saving difference for children and adolescents?Interested in joining the first therapeutic program for unaccompanied children in Connecticut?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
In response to the humanitarian crisis at America's ports of entry, Devereux provides short-term shelter care services for unaccompanied children who have come to the United States without a parent or legal guardian. Devereux provides extremely high-quality, trauma-informed residential and educational services for unaccompanied children, with intense supports for their social and emotional health. We also ensure they receive excellent and immediate physical healthcare including pediatric, dental and nutritional supports for every child.
Devereux's ultimate goal is to ensure every unaccompanied child who receives our services is successfully and quickly discharged into the loving care of their family sponsor. During the short time they are with us, we ensure they have received best-in-class medical, therapeutic, recreational and educational services designed specifically to address the traumas they have sustained during, and often before, their migration journey. This is a very high benchmark to set, but we have already begun partnering with leading legal defense nonprofits to ensure children in our care have access to the finest immigration advocates and support our country offers.
We are seeking a Bilingual Certified Teacher who has experience with providing instruction in the areas of mathematics, language arts, science and social studies. You will provide an Initial and Final Report for the child and docus on academic intervention and enrichment of the individuals in the program. If this describes you, then look no further!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrates the skills, knowledge and abilities to understand and implement, develop and manage classroom program services to include assessment, lession plans, behavior management systems, and skill and behavior data.
- Performs initial screening and periodic assessment on a timely basis.
- Develops, implements and monitors both individual, student, and classroom ciriculam to meet the education, social and beavhorial needs of assisnged students.
- Prepares progress reports and other behavioral or education data reports.
- Establishes a classroom environment that is conducive to maximum learning by mantaining structure and guiding students to socially appropiate behavior.
- Establishes a classroom environment that is clean, orderly and safe.
- Supervises students and is responsible for their welfare, safety and location at all times.
- Patricipates in multidisciplinary meetings to review and evaluate students' progress, attends all staff meetings, training and in-services.
- Maintains integrity of notebooks and monitors notebooks to ensure that date are being summarized and graphed regularly.
Keywords: Teacher, Spanish speaking, SPED, school, education, middle school, elementary, high school, teaching, day school, private school, alternative school, bilingual, Spanish, ESL, TESOL
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. Learn More: https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or relevant field required, Master's degree preferred.
- Must have work experience in a multi-grade setting and meet Connecticut licensing/certification requirements for teaching.
- Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification or other appropriate accrediting body.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully immunized/vaccinated (or have a medical/religious exemption) for Varicella, MMR, TdAp, Influenza & COVID-19 prior to starting.
- Must be 21 years of age or older (per licensing standards).
- Valid Connecticut Driver's License.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible.
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (8/31/2023 10:50 AM)
Requisition ID 2023-32488
Position Type Full-Time
The employment policies of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.