POSITION TITLE: Coordinator I - English Learners
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Student Services and Equity
CATEGORY: Administration/12 Months/TRS
SALARY: Regionally Competitive
Primary Purpose: Provide coordination of district programs designed to accommodate English learners.
- Develop and utilize a variety of assessments to identify needed programs for students who are not able to succeed in a traditional classroom
- Assist with the development of a systematic district-wide program to serve students that is philosophically consistent with the educational programs of the district
- Provide assistance for the presentation of workshops and training sessions to teachers and administrators regarding the special programs of the district
- In coordination with the Executive Director develop a process to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the district's programming for EL students
- Support and equip teachers to be effectively meet the instructional and social-emotional needs of unique learners
- Work with external partners to ensure the best possible educational opportunities for all of the district's students
- Assist with proposal writing related to EL students
- Adhere to all policies and regulations of the special education district, DHS/DRS, and the School Code of Illinois
- Participate in meetings and in-service training programs developed by DHS/DRS and the Special Education District
- Attend meetings of the Board of Education and other District and community committees, at the request of the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- Perform other functions as assigned
Qualifications/Requirements: To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess the following required education, certification, skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- Illinois professional educator license with secondary content or administrative endorsements.
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience
- Background in ESL/ELL and programs to support students identified at risk
The successful candidate for this position should also possess the following desired skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Knowledge of current effective instructional programs and teaching methods for students with unique learning needs.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; Perform written and verbal and presentations as necessary
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism in all elements of this position, while serving as a contributing member of the Proviso Township High Schools District 209 and a dedicated role model for other employees. Demonstrate a high sense of integrity, ethics, and honesty in all actions.
- Use data information systems, data analysis and formulate action plans.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Work is routinely performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Very limited or no exposure to physical risk
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Light Work usually requires walking or standing to a signification degree
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Proviso Township High Schools District 209 Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
Note: This is designed to provide guidelines and direction for accomplishing goals and objectives. It covers the essential responsibilities and activities involved in the effective execution of this position. It is not all encompassing or all exhaustive.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individual currently holding this position may perform additional duties.
Proviso Township High Schools is an equal opportunity employer
Pay Grade AD26 Minimum Midpoint Maximum 12 Month $104,613 $123,074 $141,535