Travel Abroad and Build Your Career
- The English Language Fellow Program sends experienced U.S. TESOL professionals on paid in-country teaching assignments at universities and other academic institutions around the world.
- Fellow projects focus on training pre-service teachers, teaching university students or adult professionals, and building English language capacity in local communities.
- Fellows are citizen ambassadors who promote mutual understanding through English language learning and cultural exchange.
- The English Language Fellow Program provides professionals with a platform to build skills that can greatly enhance their TESOL careers.
Who are we looking for? ESL/EFL educators with:
- Five years of experience in education, including at least three years in ESL/EFL classrooms
- A graduate degree, preferably in TESOL or a related field
- Personal qualities of flexibility, resourcefulness, and cultural adaptability
- U.S. citizenship
- Stipend: $35,000 and Living Allowance (housing, food, utilities, local transportation)
- Round trip airfare to and from assignment
- Dependents allowance (if applicable)
- Pre-departure allowances
- Supplemental health benefit plan
- Program activities allowance
The English Language Fellow Program is now recruiting applicants for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Applications are accepted until all projects have been filled. Those who apply earlier have a greater chance of being selected when matching begins in January 2024. For more information and to apply, visit our website: https://elprograms.org/fellow-program/. English Language Programs is funded by the U.S. Department of State.