Bucksmore Activity Leader
- Nord Anglia
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
Bucksmore provides academic short courses to students aged 10-18 that have been modelled on American summer camps, with 'Counsellors' who live with students, teach lessons and lead excursions and activities, providing a higher level of pastoral care, guidance, and friendship - giving students more than just 'teachers' and 'activity leaders' at a summer school.
Recognising that high-achieving and well-motivated individual students wanted more from a UK summer school than just English language, excursions and afternoon activities, we have developed more challenging courses such as EFL based Young Leaders and the subject based courses Young Professionals, University Preparation and Advanced Studies. In 2019 Bucksmore were proud to have been awarded the PIEoneer 'Language Educator of the Year' award showcasing our commitment to innovation and student involvement.
With over 40 years of experience to perfect and improve the quality of our prestigious summer schools, we are proud of the academic short courses we offer. It is our goal for each one of our courses to be the best course that our students have ever attended. We welcome over 75 different student nationalities every year across our courses and ensure there is always a good mix of students on our courses.
The position of Activity Leader (AL) is a fun and rewarding role where you plan and deliver the exciting social programme that Bucksmore summer schools offer to students. Whilst more traditional language learning takes place in the classrooms, the activity programme provides another environment for using and practicing the English language. Enthusiastic and fun Activity Leaders are a key part to the success of a summer academic programme and to ensuring the enjoyment of our students, as well as heir safety.
This list summarises the key tasks of the role and is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken as those can be varied from time to time at the discretion of the Centre Manager or Operations Manager and Head Office Team. Bucksmore will exercise this right reasonably.
Training and Health & Safety:
- Attend the staff induction and take part in all Health and Safety related training
- Attend the Welfare & Safeguarding induction both in pre-summer online inductions and in-person at the start of your contract
Activity & Excursion Programme:
- Assist with the planning, organising and implementing a range of appropriate activities during daytimes, afternoons and evenings
- Take responsibility for groups of students on excursions, ensuring you know the plans sufficiently well to guide the students effectively
- Enthusiastically engaging all students in joining in for the activity programme ensuring no one is left out
- Helping or leading preparations for big evening activities
- Help promote the activity programme to students by displaying posters or visiting classes
Student Welfare & Supervision:
- Supervise students during meal times
- Where required assist with student transfers to and from airports as directed by the Centre Manager
- Where required, as part of your rota, perform waking up duties and 'lights out' duties
- Ensure that all student welfare and safeguarding protocols are adhered to and followed
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Respond to general emergencies at all times
- Maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- Carry out any other reasonable task assigned to you by a manager to meet the operational demands of a centre
- Assist the Management team with the set-up, shut-down of the centre
- Assist the Management team with the day to day running of the centre
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert