American Language and Culture Institute at Clark University invites applications for an ESL Instructor position to begin Fall 2023 semester in-person at our partner institution in China. This is a part-time non-tenure line renewable position based upon satisfactory performance.
As with other faculty appointments, teaching customarily includes course development, class time, class preparation, suitable office hours, grading, finals, classroom accounting, and other responsibilities commonly associated with university-level teaching. Teaching faculty are key contributors to the academic mission of the university, that is to prepare students to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing society. The teaching load for this position can be either 1 or 2 courses a semester, for fall (English Language and Culture 1, Research Writing, for spring English Language and Culture 2, Business English) a total of 12 or 24 contact hours a week.
- Applicants must have a minimum Masters in Language Studies (MA TESOL, MA in Linguistics or a related field) with minimum 3 years of classroom teaching experience in Higher Education.
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to China for a minimum length of 4 months.
- Applicants must have experience in curriculum design, development of course objectives and outcomes and assessing student learning.
- The assignment is also subject to adhering to the policies and teaching requirements of our partner University, including the submission of a class syllabus using their template, two versions of the final exam, a detailed grading sheet, class by class teaching plans, and an analysis of the distribution of grades on the final exam and in the class.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
- International Health insurance provided by Clark for the duration of the time teaching in country
- Accommodation in China
- Flights to and from China and transfer from airport to housing
- Visa application process supported and any fees accrued in the process to be reimbursed
- Appointment months: September 1, 2023 - July 1, 2024