- Excell Supply Ltd
- Shrewsbury, West Midlands, SY5 7PF
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Teacher / Instructor
- Job Type
Job Role: EFL Teacher (Summer School Based)
Location: Shrewsbury Shropshire - Acton Burnell
Days/Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (9:00am - 3:00pm)
Pay: Up to: £1596- £2396 (Depending on experiene & Based on working the full course)
Our prestigious client is a highly academic independent international day & boarding school who are set in stunning Shropshire Countryside. Students come from all over the world and the local area into the vibrant and varied community, which shares a culture of excellence and joyful learning infused throughout, with core values of rigour, kindness, and creativity.
During the Summer the College provide a Summer School Programme. They welcome close to 600 international students to their summer programmes during July and August, where they benefit from expert learning on English, Science & Maths or Future Leaders courses and enjoy many activities and experiences as part of their academic timetable.
The basic salary may increase by a maximum of eight increments, which are based on qualifications and experience (the value of each increment is £100, leading to a maximum salary of £2,396).
In addition to salary the College provides accommodation (a single study bedroom, similar to those found in a university hall of residence), a laundry service and three meals a day.
- Summer School Starting:- Tuesday 27th June - Tuesday 18th July 2023
The above dates include induction training days and a post-course de-brief day. You will need to be able to teach a maximum of 27 x 1-hour lessons and 6 x 1.5-hour lessons on the main timetable between 9am and 3pm per summer School session.
- The EFL Teacher will plan and deliver high quality English lessons, teaching in an engaging and motivational way to enable students to improve their English skills.
- Planning of lessons and organisation of materials
- Teaching classes as assigned by Director of Studies
- Taking registration at the start of each lesson
- Informing the Director of Studies and Assistant Director (Pastoral) immediately of any student absences from registration or later classes
- Managing student behaviour and promoting good conduct both in and outside the classroom
- Being mindful of students' attitude, performance and conduct in order to ensure their physical and emotional well-being and informing the Assistant Director (Pastoral) and Pastoral team of any concerns.
- Attending and participating in scheduled staff meetings as instructed by Director of Studies and Director of Summer School
- Writing end of course student reports as instructed by the Director of Studies
- Attendance at the end of course ceremony
- Assisting with delivery of Social Programme activities and events, including arrival and departure activities such as airport transfers; supervising students on half day and full day excursions.
- A degree plus an accredited EFL qualification (such as Cambridge CELTA) or (Trinity CertTESOL is essential)
- At least one year's EFL teaching experience is desirable.
- A PGCE in English/Modern Foreign Languages or Primary QTS may also be considered acceptable.
- Teachers with a Diploma level qualification such as Cambridge DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL may be considered for a more senior position.
- You must be Energetic, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £500 per referral.
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area.
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations.
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holiday.
- As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
- Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
- If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven't heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
- Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert