Contract type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week) - Fixed Term (01/06/2025)
Location: Brighton, Sussex International Study Centre
Salary: up to £28119.10 per annum
We are Study Group. A leading international education provider that partner with leading Universities to deliver bespoke Higher Education pathway courses. An excellent opportunity has opened for a Progression Support Coordinator at our University of Sussex International Study Centre.
The main aim of the role is to provide progression support and advice to students with the purpose of maximising student outcomes, achievement and satisfaction levels. This could be through a combination of group and one-to-one sessions held on campus.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Support students to maximise their chances of automatically progressing to the degree course of their choice whilst ensuring the best possible student experience and achievement.
- Meet with allocated Subject Heads a minimum of once a week to discuss students at risk of not automatically progressing, students with poor attendance and any students who may require additional support through attendance, behavioural, welfare and fitness to study issues.
- Meet with students who have poor attendance at Stages 2 and 3 liaising with Subject Heads and Directors and updating their support plans as required.
- Support Personal Tutors with delivering information to students, monitoring attendance proactively and feeding back RPAG data.
- Ensure that students are referred to appropriate Study Groups, University or external services where appropriate and necessary.
- Support Team Leader in organising events e.g. university activities, faculty fairs, transition events, guest lectures and workshops for student development.
- Support Team leader to formalise and organise Student Rep training, ensuring a bank of students is available as and when required.
- Support Team Leader in communicating and inviting university partners to include Support Services, Partnership Tutors and progressed students to the Welcome Week
- Support Team Leader in organising social activities and student-led activities including Building Futures, Student Union Fairs, MentISC, Progression Award Ceremony and trips
- Experience and knowledge of providing academic and/or pastoral support to international/ ESL students.
- Experience of building build strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Experience in using data and reporting systems
- Experience in being able to time management with the ability to prioritise work, forward think and plan
- Experience in organising events/activities/projects
- Experience in being flexible and working to tight deadlines
Study Group is a leading international education provider that is dedicated and passionate about helping students around the world, creating a brighter future and reaching their full potential. With university partnerships and a variety of face-to-face, online, and hybrid study programmes, we can provide students with the resources and guidance they need to succeed. Our global network of offices and university partnerships ensure that students receive the best educational services available. Additionally, our Insendi platform enables us to deliver innovative, accessible, and intuitive digital learning experiences with the most advanced digital tools available.
Study Group is proud of its high standards in safeguarding and recognises its importance in enabling the best possible student experience and outcomes. For successful applicants the following checks will be conducted- Criminal Background Check (country-specific), x2 References, ID and Right to Work checks as well as Education Verification.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, or any other factor. We believe that the best person for the job should be selected based on skills and experience alone. Your information will be kept confidential and stored securely.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.