EAL Teaching Assistant
- Veritas Education Recruitment Ltd
- £90.00 - £100.00 per day
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Support Staff
- Job Type
EAL interventions tutorWANDSWORTH Start asapVeritas are working with a secondary school in Wandsworth. The school are looking for EAL support to help KS3-KS4 students. The ideal candidate will have experience with Phonics and have experience assessing EAL needs. The role is full time and will start asap. This is a non classroom based role, based in the school library, supporting small groups and working 1:1 with specific students.Experience supporting students who do not speak English as a first language is desirable.Role and Responsibilities
- Work under the instruction of the EAL teacher
- Carry out initial language ability assessments
- Liaise with colleagues across the school, attend SEN team reviews and meetings, provide feedback on students
- Interventions for small EAL groups and 1:1
- Assist with language translations where possible
- Provide differentiated EAL resources to support students learning
- Encourage classroom participation & ensuring students have access to the curriculum
- Recent Degree - ideally English related
- Previous experience working with young people, EAL or special educational needs.
- TEFL/CELTA certificate
- Positive attitude to work with young people and children.
- High levels of professionalism
- Valid Enhanced Child DBS Check
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to Gemma at Veritas
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert