English Online Teacher – contract
Based in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee or Texas
Immediate and flexible start dates (on successful screening completion)
This is an opportunity to teach the British Council’s flagship 100% online learning product for Adults – English Online.
English Online is aimed at adults learning English worldwide, who are absolutely committed to improving their English. Classes are designed around real-life topics and students undertake practical language tasks in group and private classes. It offers a flexible timetable, personalised learning paths and globally connected classrooms. We’re looking to build our international Teacher team to teach an ‘always on’, 24/7 timetable.
As well as providing an outstanding learning experience for our students, you’ll play a key role in helping us develop the product. We’re a fast-moving global business so you should be able to adapt quickly and enjoy trying out new innovations in online teaching.
At present, we are only accepting applications from individuals who currently reside in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas. However, we intend to broaden this to applicants who are resident elsewhere soon.
Essential skills, experience and qualification required:
· Cambridge CELTA or Trinity cert TESOL
· Full mastery of English equivalent to C2 / IELTS Band 9
· Equivalent to 2 years post-certificate, i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL or equivalent, teaching experience
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in teaching Adults online in either group or private class format
· Experience in teaching General English, Business English and exam preparation
· Right to work in the USA
Cambridge DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL
Experience teaching multi-lingual groups
All our classes are taught on Zoom so you will need high-speed internet connection, a camera and headset. You will be required to teach from a location that provides a professional classroom experience both in terms of background and connectivity.
What you will receive from us:
The flexibility to teach at times that work for you. Our timetable runs 24/7 on every day of the year.
World-renowned teacher training to become the best teacher you can be – which is paid!
Get paid up to $21 for an hour’s teaching
Class materials that are complete and road tested, minimising preparation time
Most teachers teach between 10 and 20 hours a week but it’s up to you
24-hour support from our teaching and customer support teams
1. Complete your application by 9th June 2023. The earlier you apply, the earlier you can start teaching if successful.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a pre-recorded video interview and will have the opportunity to ask any questions about the role via email.
3. As soon as you’ve accepted you can start our online teacher onboarding and pre-appointment screening
4. Once that’s done you can join our international teaching team and start teaching.
Please note the following:
When completing the application form, our recruitment system will ask for country preferences (where you would like to work). As this is a home-based role please select your existing country of residence (USA).
Successful applicants will not be employed directly by the British Council. Individuals will be engaged on hourly-paid contracts by our local payroll partner in the USA. Introductions to the payroll partner and any subsequent engagement will be managed by Comensura, our outsourced recruitment partner.
*** WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS VIA OUR CAREERS PORTAL. APPLY HERE: https://careers.britishcouncil.org/job/London-Hourly-Paid-Teacher-UKM/687957101/ ***
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Up to $21.00 per hour
- Do you hold a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL qualification?
- Do you have full mastery of English equivalent to C2 / IELTS Band 8/9?
- Do you have at least 1 year post-certificate (i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL or equivalent) teaching experience?
- Are you currently based in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee or Texas?
Work Location: Remote