Head of Boarding Job
- Greycoat Lumleys
- Sidmouth, England
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
Head of Boarding Job
This school requires a Head of Boarding to lead their residential team and to liaise with their sister schools and agents around the world, to promote Boarding, whilst offering a caring, safe and positive environment for Boarders between 11 and 16 years.
They offer a competitive salary, Aviva Pension scheme and the provision of a 2-bedroom flat with beautiful sea views and its own private entrance.
This school is an independent day and Boarding school, overlooking the sea, in a beautiful Regency town in East Devon, for boys and girls aged 2 -16. They are a relatively small school that caters for around 120 local day students, combined with a 50 strong contingent of international Boarders from more than 10 countries around the globe.
The school land extends over many hectares and has its own stream, woodland, horticultural area, along with customary sports pitches, sports' hall, an indoor / outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts making it a truly unique place to work.
To lead our residential team and to liaise with our sister schools and agents around the world, to promote Boarding, whilst offering a caring, safe and positive environment for Boarders between 9 and 16 years..
- Take overall responsibility for the creation of a homely, family atmosphere within the Boarding House - leading by example.
- Be able to demonstrate awareness of all relevant legislation such as National Minimum Standards for Boarding, KCSIE, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Have overseas experience in Boarding and know the realities of children's anxieties crossing national borders, being away from home, and being able to provide a caring, learning environment for them.
- Show proven experience of working with young people, with an appropriate knowledge of strategies of TEFL / 2nd language learning. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate and explain examples of student work, assignments, as well as GCSE results.
- Help to promote Boarding and find ways to provide excellence on site and in weekend activities, while clearly maintaining a strict budget.
- Have overall responsibility for the successful induction of all new boarders.
- Liaise with Admissions and Transport to organise pickups and drop offs, with Safeguarding always at the top of the agenda.
- Ability to communicate confidently and deal with challenging situations.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take decisive action.
- Ability to maintain accurate records with sound IT literacy.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to priori se and manage tasks.
- Experience in an overseas Boarding Environment.
- Experience of teaching EFL
- Awareness of Safeguarding and Health and Safety procedures
- Awareness of the National Minimum Boarding Standards
- Able to communicate well and establish firm, fair and consistent boundaries
- Able to form excellent, appropriate relationships with children and colleagues
*A full job description can be sent over upon request*
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive - please enquire
Accommodation: 2-bedroom flat with sea views and own entrance
Start: September 2023
Responsible Consultant: Kelly B (email@example.com)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert