EAP Faculty Positions
- Duke Kunshan University
- Jiangsu (CN)
- Competitive compensation, benefits and start-up packages
- Closing date
- Apr 21, 2023
- Job Role
- Professor / Lecturer
Duke Kunshan University invites applications for EAP faculty positions (Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, or Assistant Professor) in the Language and Culture Center (LCC). DKU offers an innovative and interdisciplinary undergraduate liberal arts program leading to both Duke and DKU degrees, and in this program LCC faculty teach content-based EAP courses, designed around language and culture issues, that focus on academic writing. LCC faculty also teach written and oral communication skills courses for DKU graduate programs. Positions begin in July 2023.
Assistant Professor positions are tenure-track positions. Lecturer and Senior Lecturer positions are renewable non-tenure-track positions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate EAP courses.
- Coach writing and/or other language skills in the Writing and Language Studio.
Qualifications – Lecturer/Senior Lecturer:
- Graduate degree in a relevant field such as language teaching/applied linguistics, teaching multilingual learners, L2 writing, composition/rhetoric, or education.
- Experience teaching languages and/or writing, and passion for exploring innovative teaching approaches and curriculum design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Personal experience with and commitment to language learning
- Command of Chinese and/or other languages.
- Able to coach learners of additional languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Japanese, German).
- Background in intercultural communication.
Qualifications – Assistant Professor:
- In addition to those qualifications listed above, candidates for tenure-track Assistant Professor positions should have a doctorate in a relevant field, and also a record of scholarship that shows promise of ability to produce the level of published research necessary for success in tenure review.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and a statement on teaching and – if appropriate – research; applicants should also arrange to have three letters of reference submitted. All materials should be submitted through Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22570. Questions about the position may be sent to email@example.com using “Language and Culture Search” as the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
DKU is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China (https://dukekunshan.edu.cn/). Our campus provides an elite, interdisciplinary liberal arts experience to a student body that will number 2000. The DKU model draws on the best of Duke’s educational experience and resources to reimagine undergraduate instruction in an intimate campus setting. A highly selective institution with an acceptance rate of <8%, the current student body represents over 50 countries. Students receive a DKU and a Duke degree. The current faculty to student ratio is 7:1.
The DKU campus is 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, and is connected to Shanghai via an 18-minute high-speed train. DKU provides competitive compensation, benefits and start-up packages. As an international intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, DKU welcomes outstanding faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to a global learning and research environment. DKU particularly welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and minorities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert