Adjunct Instructor - English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Carroll Community College
- Westminster, Maryland
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Job Role
- Professor / Lecturer
Post under heading: Adjunct Faculty Positions
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor - English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Job Posting Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Continuing Education (CET) - Adult Education / ESOL
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this position is March 31, 2023.
Salary: This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Carroll Community College's Adult Education Program is seeking multiple instructors for English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes starting April 17, 2023. Instructors are needed for beginner-level ESOL classes in person in Westminster, MD and intermediate-level classes online, both held Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:15-9:00 PM, as well as in person Advanced ESOL on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:15-9:00 PM in Westminster, MD.
Must be experienced teaching reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills to adult English language learners. Bachelor's degree required; master's degree and/or TESOL Certificate preferred. Experience teaching online preferred for online position. Experience with Future, 2nd Edition a plus!
This position involves a light to medium level of physical effort which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate - Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity - Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of college vehicle policies when driving; and observance of College policies.
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply:
Interested applicants must email a resume and letter of interest.
The application deadline for this position is March 31, 2023.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
"Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment."
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert