Head of Academic English Skills
- Study Group
- Wakefield, England
- Closing date
- Mar 20, 2023
Contract type: Full-time - Permanent(37.5 hours per week)
Location: Leeds, Leeds International Study Centre
Salary: up to£43,429.88 per annum
The Head of Academic English Skills will be responsible for overseeing a team of English tutors and ensuring that all English and Academic Skills modules, across all courses and programs, are delivered in accordance with agreed-upon standards and curriculum. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Curriculum and Progression, the Head of AES will also be responsible for utilizing agreed-upon assessment methods to produce the best possible outcomes for students and provide the best possible student experience. Additionally, this position will involve managing the delivery of modules and taking the lead on teaching, learning, and assessment initiatives to promote good practice in language development and academic skills across both AES and subject modules in the Centre.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead and motivate a team of Academic Tutors to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience in English and Academic Skills courses and modules.
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Facilitate, encourage, and support staff to participate in regular personal development activities.
- Participate actively in the Centre Management Team to promote high expectations of staff and students and to deliver an excellent student learning experience.
- Plan and undertake regular personal development as agreed with the Assistant Director Curriculum and Progression.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Plan and oversee the design and delivery of the Academic English Skill course, ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Ensure that the design and delivery of the Academic English Skills course and modules are conducted with reference to and according to the Study Group's and relevant external agencies' quality frameworks, policies, procedures, and codes of practice.
- Bachelor's degree (Essential)
- Relevant Teaching qualification - DELTA, TEFL, MA Linguistics (Essential)
- Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- Experience in leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets.
- Experience teaching English to international students in UK Higher or Further Education.
- Experience in planning and running complex education courses in the English and Academic Skills area.
- Experience in leading the provision of academic skills within a HE environments
- Experience in partnership working in the education sector.
- Experience in supporting international students with careers and employability advice is desirable.
Study Group is a leading international education provider dedicated and passionate about helping students worldwide, creating a brighter future and reaching their full potential. With university partnerships and a variety of face-to-face, online, and hybrid study programmes, we can provide students with the resources and guidance they need to succeed. Our global network of offices and university partnerships ensure that students receive the best educational services available. Additionally, our Insendi platform enables us to deliver innovative, accessible, and intuitive digital learning experiences with the most advanced digital tools available.
Study Group is proud of its high standards in safeguardingand recognisesits importance in enabling the best possible student experience and outcomes. Forsuccessful applicants, the following checks will be conducted- Criminal Background Check (country-specific), x2 References, ID and Right to Work checks as well as Education Verification.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert