School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in Translation and Interpreting (Ref. AC2023/031/01)
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Tenure-stream)
- a PhD degree in Translation and Interpreting Studies;
- high potential in teaching and research;
- the ability to teach a wide range of courses, especially in core areas of T&I studies, extensive experience with language service shall be favourably considered;
- preferably professional experience in language service provision;
- proficiency in Chinese and English.
Candidate for Full or Associate Professor post is expected to have demonstrated academic leadership and strong commitment to the highest standard of excellence. Appointment will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially, leading to longer-term appointment or tenure later subject to mutual agreement. Exceptionally, appointment with tenure can be offered forthwith to candidate of proven ability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- teaching courses as prescribed in the programme curricular;
- developing cooperative relations with language service industries;
- assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
The appointee is expected to commence work in AY2023-24.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.