Open Rank Faculty Position in English Studies Programme
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
- Shenzhen, Guangdong (CN)
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2024
- Job Role
- Professor / Lecturer
Open Rank Faculty Position in English Studies Programme (Ref. AC2022/043/01)
The appointees are expected to commence work in AY 2023-24.
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Tenure-stream) in:
- Linguistics: Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant area of Linguistics (specialization areas focusing on cognitive linguistics, pragmatics, and/or morpho-syntax and semantics) at the time of appointment. Candidates are expected to demonstrate solid evidence of (or potential for) high-quality teaching and service, and a strong track record of (or solid evidence of potential for) high-quality research/scholarship outcomes in the expertise area(s), as evidenced by research publications in competitive international outlets in the relevant areas of English and Linguistics studies. Candidates for Full or Associate Professor positions need to demonstrate academic leadership and strong commitment to the highest standard of excellence in developing and expanding new academic programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Successful applicants are expected to be able to teach over time a reasonably broad range of courses in core areas of linguistic studies. Experience in or a positive attitude towards supervising the research projects of both undergraduate and postgraduate students will be favorably considered.
- Computational Linguistics: Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree ideally in Linguistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field, with a primary specialization in Computational Linguistics or Natural Language Processing at the time of the appointment. Candidates should be familiar with at least one of the following areas: computational morphology, computational pragmatics, computational semantics, sentiment analysis, information extraction, and machine translation. Candidates should have experience building data-driven computational models of natural language using Python. Candidates are expected to demonstrate a record of or strong potential for high-quality teaching, service, and academic research.
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Tenure-stream) or
Associate Professor (Teaching)/Assistant Professor (Teaching)/Lecturer (Teaching-stream) in:
- Communication: Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in communication or a related field (specialization areas focusing on intercultural communication, organizational communication, technical communication, and/or technical/business writing). Candidates are expected to demonstrate a solid record of (or strong potential for) high quality teaching at the university level and evidence of (or potential for) successful research, scholarly and creative activities and publications.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert