Title: Sociology Teacher
Location: West Yorkshire
Pay:£22.41 - £25.00 per hour including holiday pay
Duration: Part time, temporary
Would you like to work for a college that encourages all to reach their potential and offers life-changing opportunities?
Reed - Further Education are seeking a Sociology Teacher to deliver A Level Sociology lessons to year 13 students, starting October half-term.
What's the day-to-day responsibilities of a Sociology Teacher?
- You will prepare creative and engaging teaching materials for classes.
- You will deliver taught classes to student groups, with clear intentions and well-defined outcomes.
- You will manage student progress and achievement through the modules you deliver.
- You will evaluate students work and provide timely, constructive feedback.
- You will take part in activities relating to recruitment of students (open evenings, interviews etc)
- You will be an active member of staff teams, contributing to curriculum development, course reviews and other activities.
- You will participate in personal development, working to develop your own professional knowledge and skillset.
What are the required skills and qualifications needed for this role?
- An honours graduate, or relevant final professional qualification, or equivalent experience (note: in certain circumstances a specific subject or professional qualification may be required, e.g., ESOL/TEFL).
- Teaching qualification PGCE QTS/QTLS
- Level 2 English, Maths, and ICT.
- Degree in Sociology or related subject area
- Experience of teaching the A Level AQA/Key Stage 5 curriculum within the last 2 years
What benefits does this role offer you?
- Exclusive representation to leading FE colleges and training providers in the area
- 1-2-1 specialist Consultant who will search for jobs on your behalf. CV writing and job interview tips!
- The ability to sign up to a Health Cash Plan and REED Discount Club.
- Entitlement to Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay, Parental Leave and Antenatal/Pre-Adoption Appointment Payment
- Access to Training and Development - REED Assessment Centre - REED Learning.
- Eye Test and Spectacle Vouchers
If you are ready for a new role, and a Sociology Teacher is the next role for you, click 'Apply Now', and register to Reed - Further Education. Alternatively, contact your local Reed - Further Education branch today, where we would love to hear from you and help you shape your next career step.
Reed - Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.