The Associate Director Membership (ADMbr) has the primary responsibility for membership recruiting and retention. Responsible for researching and developing a 1- and 5-year plan for membership. This position leads TESOL’s day-to-day membership growth and engagement strategies for the recruitment and retention of individual members. In addition, this person maintains a connection between TESOL and its affiliates partnering together for success. This position supervises the engagement manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clearly articulates and protects TESOL’s member value proposition.
- Collaborates across the organization to create and implement an integrated recruitment and retention plan that actively communicates the member value proposition and meets TESOL’s goals.
- Ensures communication about features and benefits of membership is easily and readily available to current and potential members.
- Manages and evaluates vendors providing services such as membership list rental, e-newsletters, and member community platform.
- Identifies and implements ways to collect and analyze member feedback, to improve the member experience.
- Keeps abreast of the trends and models in association membership.
- Acts as the staff partner to the membership profession council.
- Each billing cycle, produces meaningful metrics and analysis of TESOL members.
- With the Head of Operations, helps move TESOL towards becoming a data-driven association and using data analysis in decision making.
- Identifies member segments, customer journeys and programs to meet the varying needs.
- Oversees and continuously improves new member orientation.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations, develops the membership budget annually.
- Manages the process for new affiliates and renewal of existing affiliates.
- With the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications facilitates effective and transparent member communications.
- Performs other tasks as requested by management personnel.
- Supervises Member Engagement Specialist and provides MES with the tools to help build knowledge, skills, and serve as a knowledgeable membership resource.
Qualifications of the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree required but MA preferred with a marketing or business focus.
- Minimum work experience: 8+ years in association, in marketing and/or membership. Experience with a worldwide membership base and/or education association a plus.
- Excellent writing, research, interpersonal communication, and membership/customer service skills; strong leadership skills.
- Highly collaborative style.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and appropriate time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience with iMIS database preferred or any database management; familiarity with content management systems and basic Web site skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience with or interest in working for a not-for-profit global education association.
- Interest in or knowledge of ESL/EFL teaching a plus.
- CAE preferred.
Medical, dental, vision, retirement plan