Associate Director, Membership
- TESOL International Association
- Working from home
- Competitive pay
- Closing date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Job Role
- Manager / Director
- Focus Area
- Job Type
The Associate Director Membership (ADMbr) has the primary responsibility for membership recruiting and retention. Responsible for researching and developing a 1- and 5-year plan for membership. This position leads TESOL’s day-to-day membership growth and engagement strategies for the recruitment and retention of individual members. In addition, this person maintains a connection between TESOL and its affiliates partnering together for success. This position supervises the engagement manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clearly articulates and protects TESOL’s member value proposition.
- Collaborates across the organization to create and implement an integrated recruitment and retention plan that actively communicates the member value proposition and meets TESOL’s goals.
- Ensures communication about features and benefits of membership is easily and readily available to current and potential members.
- Manages and evaluates vendors providing services such as membership list rental, e-newsletters, and member community platform.
- Identifies and implements ways to collect and analyze member feedback, to improve the member experience.
- Keeps abreast of the trends and models in association membership.
- Acts as the staff partner to the membership profession council.
- Each billing cycle, produces meaningful metrics and analysis of TESOL members.
- With the Head of Operations, helps move TESOL towards becoming a data-driven association and using data analysis in decision making.
- Identifies member segments, customer journeys and programs to meet the varying needs.
- Oversees and continuously improves new member orientation.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations, develops the membership budget annually.
- Manages the process for new affiliates and renewal of existing affiliates.
- With the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications facilitates effective and transparent member communications.
- Performs other tasks as requested by management personnel.
- Supervises Member Engagement Specialist and provides MES with the tools to help build knowledge, skills, and serve as a knowledgeable membership resource.
Qualifications of the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree required but MA preferred with a marketing or business focus.
- Minimum work experience: 8+ years in association, in marketing and/or membership. Experience with a worldwide membership base and/or education association a plus.
- Excellent writing, research, interpersonal communication, and membership/customer service skills; strong leadership skills.
- Highly collaborative style.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and appropriate time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience with iMIS database preferred or any database management; familiarity with content management systems and basic Web site skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience with or interest in working for a not-for-profit global education association.
- Interest in or knowledge of ESL/EFL teaching a plus.
- CAE preferred.
Medical, dental, vision, retirement plan
For more than 50 years, TESOL International Association has been providing community to educators, researchers, administrators, and students in the ELT field. With more than 12,000 members representing 160 countries, and more than 100 worldwide affiliates, TESOL offers you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic professional community and join in TESOL’s mission to advance excellence in English language teaching.
TESOL International Association is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the organization and the field. Candidates from underrepresented groups are invited to submit an application.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert