- Amnis Education
- Manchester, North West, M1 6LT
- Closing date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Job Role
- Teacher / Instructor
We are working closely with a college in the heart of Manchester, who offer a broad range of university preparation courses to help international students progress to some of the best universities across the UK. There are progression options to both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We require enthusiastic and experienced TEFL-Q qualified teachers to teach international students on the International Foundation Programme.
This will involve helping students develop their language and study skills within a range of contexts, although predominantly within an academic context. Experience of working in a wide variety of teaching contexts would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will have the ability to teach students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds, and with different language levels. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher looking to teach in international education.
- You'll have previous experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes in a range of contexts, ideally at either undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- You'll have a teaching qualification in EFL that meets the criteria for TEFLQ status.
- An MA/MSc in TESOL or Applied Linguistics would be a distinct advantage.
- You'll have an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area.
- You'll have the experience of managing learning across a range of class sizes.
- You'll have an understanding of the challenges of teaching international students for whom English is a second language and respect for students of different nationalities and cultures.
- You'll have previous experience of writing, marking and providing feedback on assessment in accordance with academic regulations.
- You'll have experience of tracking, recording & managing student attendance, achievement and progress and provide interventions to support student performance.
- You'll possess an enthusiasm for continual improvement and development.
- You'll have a willingness to undertake additional responsibilities (i.e. programme development) in agreement with the line manager.
If you're interested in this position and you'd like further information then please contact Sunny on the landline or apply to the position by sending your CV.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert