SEND Teaching Assistant needed in Southport primary school Your new companyHays Education are currently working with a mainstream school in Southport who are looking to hire SEN specialist Teaching Assistants to join their support staff.They are a one form entry school and were ranked 'Good' on their most recent OFSTED report.Your new roleAs an SEN Teaching Assistant, your job will be to enhance and enrich the learning of your 1:1 pupil. You will be required to utilise a good knowledge and understanding of what it takes to work with SEN pupils. You will need to be a confident and patient individual who has competent behaviour management skills.You will work as part of a team with the class teacher and other TAs in order plan, prepare and deliver exciting lessons that facilitate the needs of your 1:1.What you'll need to succeedTo be considered for the role, you must:
- Have experience working with children with special needs - ASD, Aspergers, ADHD, GDD, EBD, ESL etc.
- Have recent and relevant experience working with primary or early years aged children and be able to provide references
- NVQs as a Teaching Assistant or in childcare (or equivalent) are desirable but not essential
What you'll get in returnNot only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, while working for Hays you'll also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including:
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Access to free Professional Development Training
- Option to join our Guarantee Payment Scheme
- Holiday Pay
- Option to pay into pension
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.