English Language Institute Director
- Brenau University
- Gainesville, Georgia
- Not Specified
- Closing date
- Mar 11, 2023
- Job Role
- Manager / Director
- Job Type
HIRING PROCESS: All submitted application materials are forwarded to the appropriate department for review. Hiring recommendations are made at the departmental level. Department representatives will contact candidates directly if an interview is scheduled or if further information is required. The information provided in each job listing below is the extent of what is available to interested candidates. No additional information is available.
Brenau only accepts applications/resumes for advertised positions.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENINGS: Brenau University will conduct criminal background checks on all persons being considered for initial employment. In some circumstances, an FBI fingerprint report may be necessary to satisfy the requirement. Once employed, employees must hold and continue to maintain a favorable criminal history background. Random background checks are performed. Credit checks may be performed on candidates/employees who are selected for a position that regularly engages in handling credit cards or other company monies. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) may be performed during the hiring process, or as part of a random check. MVR checks are required to meet insurance requirements for those employees operating a university vehicle or participating in any driving activity on behalf of Brenau University, (including operating a golf cart, rented vehicle or one’s personal vehicle). Employees who travel must be at least 25 years of age, have a valid Georgia driver’s license, and good driving record. All employees who operate university vehicles, who are employed in a sensitive position, or who travel regularly as part of their job responsibilities may be subject to post-hire drug screening and random drug-screening. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug screening.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Brenau practices and believes in equal opportunity for all students, employees and job applicants. We do not discriminate on the bases of age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance. These protections extend to all conditions and privileges of employment, including, without limitation, to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, discipline, and termination.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Brenau University is a drug-free workplace as certified by the Georgia Workers Compensation Board.
- M.A. in TESOL or applied linguistics required; Ph.D. or Ed.D. in TESOL, applied linguistics, or a closely related field preferred, or Ph.D. or Ed.D. in an educational leadership related field
- Oversee and supervise all academic matters in the program, including teacher training, instructional plans, instructor assignments, class schedules, student progression, and others
- Understand and uphold the Brenau University Vision, Values, and Mission
- Understand and uphold CEA standards and ensure operations of all ELI programs meet accreditation standards
Facilities, equipment and supplies
- Forecast the short- and long-term needs of facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Maintain strong professional relationships and collaboration with Enrollment Management, the Miller Institute for Global Education, and other offices on campus
Marketing and recruiting
- Reach out to local and regional educational institutions, recruiting agencies, and government departments to establish relationships and form partnerships
Admissions and Immigration-Related Duties
- Supervise/guide correspondence with applicants and accepted students
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal environment found in an educational setting
Physical Demands and Aptitudes:
Able to lift 5 pounds on a regular basis and 20 pounds maximum, periodically. Able to climb stairs between two floors to access ELI offices.
37.5 hours per week. Generally Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Hours may be extended to meet the needs of the department.
Domestic and international travel may be required for recruiting.
Home Campus Designation:
This position is an on-ground position in Gainesville, GA.
If the position you are applying for necessitates that you hold a professional degree, license, or certification, then proof of such professional degree, license, or certification must be provided in addition to this application for Brenau University to consider your application for employment. Failure to provide proof of professional degree, license, or certification when applicable may result in rejection of an application.
All positions will be filled pending budgetary review.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert