Assistant Professor (and above)
- English Department, Soochow University
- Taipei (TW)
- Up to $35,000 per year + benefits"
- Closing date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Job Role
- Professor / Lecturer
- Focus Area
- Applied Linguistics
- Job Type
Department of English Language and Literature
Faculty Position Announcement
January 9, 2023
The Department of English Language and Literature at Soochow University (SCU) in Taipei, Taiwan invites applications for one full-time faculty/contract-based position.
Rank: Assistant Professor (and above)
Note: New faculty may be hired as contract-based teachers subject to the review of applicants’ existing academic achievements by the departmental, college, and university faculty evaluation committees. Contract-based teachers are employed annually for a maximum of three years. Within that time, if evaluated as “excellent” by the aforementioned committees, the contract-based teacher will be employed as a regular full-time faculty member by SCU. .
Date of Employment: Starting from August 1st, 2023
Academic Qualifications and Preferred Specializations:
- A Ph.D. degree in Linguistics/Applied Linguistics/TESOL or related field conferred by an institution within or outside Taiwan. Specialization in AI, digital media or computer-aided instruction is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate their achievement and experience in teaching and research, and should expect to teach, in addition to their specialization, basic language training courses as required by the department.
- One photocopy of the diploma of the highest academic degree and official transcripts; applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree no later than February, 2023; a degree or transcripts from schools or institutions overseas must be verified by Taiwan overseas representative offices. Proof of past/current employment; a photocopy of a teacher certificate of assistant professor level or higher approved by the Ministry of Education, if applicable. One photocopy of ID card (or passport) and one 2-inch recent photograph Curriculum vitae in English and in Chinese as well, if possible. A representative scholarly publication from within the past 5 years or doctoral dissertation. Contact information of three referees (name, position/affiliation, phone number and email) or three letters of recommendation A sample syllabus of a course taught or to be offered
Application Deadline: February 2nd, 2023 by mail or personal delivery. The school’s winter holiday is from January 20th to February 1st. Please take note if you would like to deliver the application personally.
- Please label the application materials “FACULTY APPLICATION PACKAGE” and mail as hard copies to the following address :
No. 70, Linhsi Road, Shihlin District, Taipei City 111002, Taiwan
Faculty Recruitment Committee
Department of English and Literature
- Please note all submitted documents shall not be returned unless a duly stamped envelope with adequate postage is enclosed. E-mail applications are not accepted.
Short-listed candidates will be informed via email by February 9th for details of interview scheduled to be held on February 15th.
Personal Data Collection Statement
Purpose of personal information collection: English Department of SCU collects your personal data for the purpose of faculty position recruitment.
Personal information to be collected includes but id not limited to: Personal description, Personal identity, Social and civil information, Education, accreditation, technical skills and other expertise, Employment record and others.
You reserve the right to request an inquiry, request a review, request copies, request to supply as well as correct the personal information, and request to stop collecting, processing, utilizing your personal information, and request to delete your personal information. To exercise any of these requests, please contact Mr. Willis Liao (TEL: 02-28819471 ext: 6482 or email: email@example.com). If any materials are lost due to above requests, English Department of SCU shall not take responsibility for any compensation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert