HANAC, Inc. - originally founded by George Douris as the Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee - is a New York City-based multi-faceted social services organization. The organization was founded in 1972 to serve the needs of vulnerable populations throughout New York City.
The Adult Literacy Program is seeking a dynamic, hardworking educator, who has significant experience in teaching English as a Second Language as well as working with diverse adults from all backgrounds. The candidate will assume all duties and responsibilities of the absent teacher and will maintain a positive learning environment.
Rate of Pay:
$34.85 per hour
Work Location: 27-40 Hoyt Avenue South Astoria, N.Y. 11102 and P.S. 19 40-10 99 Street Corona, NY 11368
Required work schedule:
- Monday & Wednesday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will follow lesson plans left by the regular class teacher.
- Open to working in a different class each day.
- Follow through with scheduled assignments.
- Take daily attendance and maintain minimum student attendance as outlined by the contracting agency or funder.
- Maintain students' files with documents pertaining to students' progress.
- Must model professional experience, attitude, and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of diversity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and relate to the student population.
- A minimum of an Associate or Bachelor's Degree, hold a valid Teaching or Substitute license, or TESOL Certification.
- Must have the ability to follow both oral and written directions/instructions and must have the ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submit your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing a HANAC worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Powered by JazzHR