Language Testing Academic Coordinator
Job Type: 40 hours per week (with some weekend/evening work)
Our client is a private education company committed to creating life-enhancing experiences for students worldwide. Since 1991, they have grown into a global force in international education, helping more than 50,000 students every year further their learning.
Language Testing has become a cornerstone department for the company, and with continued growth their operational and academic capacity needs to increase. This role will oversee the daily tasks required to ensure high-quality delivery to both students and partners, while forming part of the development group to continue our drive to improve both test engagement and usage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the academic support inbox and respond to emails as required.
- Help coordinate a team of examiners on a daily basis keeping them updated with changes to their schedule and rescheduling exams with them.
- Check and approve all results and examiner comments on a daily basis for academic accuracy and consistency
- Complete ID checks on all exams to verify candidate authenticity.
- Investigate and resolve all suspected cases of attempted cheating in the exam.
- Manage and process academic appeals.
- Shortlisting & interviewing examiners:
- Respond promptly and professionally to applicants, maintaining regular contact in order to create a positive candidate experience that strengthens the employer brand and supports conversion of applicant to employee
- Screen and shortlist applicants where applicable
- Arrange interviews
- Conduct interviews
- Admin work related to onboarding
- Occasional examining and/or teaching of the Preparation Course
- Participate in examiner inductions, training, and weekly meetings.
- Contribute to the academic running of the ELLT including responding to all academic issues from examiners, content creation, and upholding the academic integrity of the exam.
- Operate as a flexible team member and provide a high level of customer service to students and staff connected with the company
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the company
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required by the manager.
- Educated to degree level
- A certified TEFL qualification (CELTA / TESOL or above)
- Qualified EFL examiner (IELTS / Cambridge suite / Trinity College OR Equivalent)
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office and other IT applications
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 2 years assessment experience working with Cambridge, IELTS or similar Familiar with online platforms used for teaching and/or testing
- At least 5 years of EFL teaching experience
- Experience with video conferencing programmes such as Zoom
- Experience with educational platforms
- HR/Recruitment Experience
- EAP/EFL Content Writing Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to build rapport and credibility quickly
- Strong IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- An excellent eye for detail and the ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Understanding of learning management systems such as Moodle
- Experience of Microsoft Teams
- Eligibility to live and work in in the UK
- Undergo an Enhanced DBS disclosure check or overseas equivalent
- Willingly take part in all relevant training as required, such as fire marshal, Prevent, and safeguarding courses
- Flexible Working
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Enhanced Parental Leave and Adoption Pay
- Professional Development
- Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Interest Free Loans for Travel Season Tickets
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying with your CV and a covering letter.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.