Lawrence Family Development Charter School is currently seeking for a highly skilled and motivated ESL Teacher who is passionate about making a difference in students' lives.The ESL Teacher will be responsible for improving the English language skills of identified students and supporting the goal of high achievement for ESL students.
- Analyze data to identify the needs of assigned students.
- Based on identified needs, plan ESL lessons that address identified student needs and support classroom instruction.
- Provide small-group instruction using lessons that address identified student needs and support classroom instruction.
- Follow the schedule given to you by the ESL Coordinator unless a change is approved by her or the Head of School.
- Administer ACCESS and assist with other state assessments.
- Meet with classroom/ESL/other teachers to plan for and discuss student progress.
- Attend Response to Intervention meetings for relevant grade levels.
- Become part of the building to which you are assigned with meetings, duties, and assistance as requested by Head of School.
- Master's Degree in Reading, ESL, or Education preferred
- ESL certification required
- 3 years' experience preferred
- Strong commitment to education reform initiatives, particularly raising educational equity for low-income and linguistic minority students
- Experience teaching urban students of Hispanic backgrounds preferred
- Commitment to the specific mission and goals of LFDCS
- Ability to work independently as a classroom leader and as a team member of the grade- level staff and school community
- We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits. Please send cover letter, resume, transcripts and certifications when applying.