Matchbook Learning is hiring a Bilingual (English/Spanish) ESL Teacher to serve our K-8 students!
Who are we?
Matchbook Learning launched a K-8 neighborhood charter school in partnership with the Mayor's Office and Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS). Beginning in 2018, we restarted Wendell Phillips School 63 and Matchbook Learning has grown the school from the lowest performing school in Indianapolis (94th out of 94 schools) to 51st out of 94 schools on ILEARN. Our innovative, award-winning blended turnaround school model continues to improve the academic, social-emotional, and climate of the school.
Our Mission Statement:
Matchbook Learning's mission is to develop a learning community in which we continually improve student academic outcomes through personalizing to meet our individual students' academic needs. In addition to continued growth in academic outcomes, the Matchbook Learning school will develop global citizens by providing all students with real world experiences that help them to understand other perspectives, the world around them, and the world beyond them.
Who are we looking for?
As a Matchbook Learning teacher you will be a teacher, a project advisor and a learning facilitator. Matchbook teachers provide targeted small-group instruction, lead whole group discussions, coach students as they work with individualized online learning tools, and collaborate with peers to ensure high levels of student achievement. Matchbook provides teachers with our own proprietary technology platform (Spark) which we believe is a key to both student and teacher success. We believe that ordinary teachers can achieve extraordinary results when their development is personalized and empowered with the aid of technology.
- An entrepreneurial heart and mindset. Serving in a turnaround or restart school requires both the courageous vision to take on a challenge with massive potential AND the quiet humility to be willing to try, fail and try again.
- A coachable spirit. Our model is new, innovative and on the cusp of being proven as a powerfully sustainable, scalable way to serve students in low-income, high need schools. At times you will be a teacher and at times you will be a student.
- State Standard teaching certification or equivalent out-of-state certificate .
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- At least two years teaching experience in an urban or low income setting.
- Demonstrated record of success in the classroom (as a classroom teacher preferred, assistant and student teaching evidence considered).
- Demonstrated understanding of how to effectively analyze student data to guide instruction.
What do we provide?
- Competitive teaching salaries, excellent benefits, and an innovative, fun, family-like atmosphere.
- Over 40 hours of career coaching -- you will be professionally mentored and developed.
- Laptop computer and access to the latest technology including our Spark learning management platform.
Powered by JazzHR