American Paradigm Schools
8101 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152
Discovering Excellence Through Cultivating Differences
American Paradigm Schools are dedicated to equity and excellence for all learners, while celebrating the uniqueness of our communities. Our values drive our dedication to providing a world class education.
Position: ESL Teacher
Position type: Full Time
Position location (School): Lindley Academy Charter School
Employment status: Exempt
Employment duration: Full-time
A ESL Teacher works closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction for students in ESL classrooms.
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans and building academic English and content knowledge
- Administers tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student language ability
- Assesses student pr
- Progress towards objectives, expectations, PA Proficiency Standards, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer and Personal Service
- Education and Training
- Computers and Electronics
- Public Safety and Security
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Social Perceptiveness
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Systems Analysis and evaluation
- Technology Skills
- Google Suite for Education
- Student Information System
- Student Intervention Programs
- Document Camera
- Projector, laptop, copier
Education and certifications
- Certification requirement
- Bachelor's Degree
- PA Certification
- Lifting 20-25 Lbs.
- Moving Up and Down from a seated position
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students' sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students' social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program.