Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 26 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
In compliance with Foundation Communities' duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, Foundation Communities is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they request and receive a reasonable accommodation.
In cooperation with the Adult Education department of Foundation Communities, the ESL Instructor will plan and implement lessons for English Language Learners to assist in their journey of improving their English skills. The class schedule is Monday-Thursday with sessions from 9-11am and 6:30-8:30pm, and follows the Austin Independent School District calendar (with occasional but predetermined variance).
Note : Position may require remote and in person work and includes breaks between semester sessions. Position hours and remote work status subject to change according to COVID-19 guidelines set by Foundation Communities.
- Develop and implement program-approved lesson plans and curriculum
- Use combination of program materials and online resources to create lesson plans that promote student growth in the areas of grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Guide participation of ESL program volunteers
- Maintain physical and digital records of attendance
- Promote a safe and welcoming environment for students and other community members at our learning site(s)
- Establish and maintain solid lines of communication with students and work with the Program Manager to connect students with community resources
- Attend weekly program meetings and required trainings
- Demonstrate awareness/sensitivity to ethnic and socioeconomic differences of program participants and the local community
- Tailor lesson plans and activities to fit the needs of individual students
- Exhibit a genuine desire to help each and every student succeed
- Demonstrate and promote punctuality
- Facilitate ESL classes virtually via Zoom and in-person
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in Social Services, Education, or related field preferred
- Teaching Experience preferred; experience learning a second language strongly preferred
- CELTA or TESOL certification preferred
- Reliable means of transportation to work site(s)
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect for all cultures required
- Willingness to work collaboratively with co-workers
Compensation: Hourly rate of $20+ BOE.
Standard classroom and educational materials are provided.
Powered by JazzHR