The English Language Fellow Program sends experienced U.S. TESOL professionals on paid in-country teaching assignments at universities and other academic institutions around the world.
As participants in this U.S. Department of State public diplomacy initiative, Fellows are citizen ambassadors who promote English language learning and mutual understanding through cultural exchange. Fellow projects are 10-month full-time positions for educators with a graduate degree in TESOL and demonstrated commitment to teaching ESL/EFL. The program provides professionals with a platform to build skills that can greatly enhance their TESOL careers.
The English Language Fellow Program is now recruiting applicants for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Applications are accepted until all projects have been filled. Those who apply earlier have a greater chance of being selected when matching begins in January 2023. For more information and to apply, visit our website: https://elprograms.org/fellow-program/ English Language Programs is funded by the U.S. Department of State.
Who are we looking for? TESOL educators with:
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to teaching ESL/EFL
- A graduate degree in TESOL or a related field
- Personal qualities of flexibility, cultural adaptability, and resourcefulness
- U.S. citizenship
- Stipend: $35,000
- Living allowance (housing, food, utilities, local transportation)
- Dependents allowance (if applicable)
- Pre-departure allowances
- Supplemental health benefit plan
- Round trip airfare to and from assignment
- Program activities allowance