Period: Position to start during October 2022
Location: San Jose, CA
Selected applicants will be required to take an Interview at our Office. Details will be sent through emails.
Bear Institute description:
Bear Institute is an innovative online kid's learning platform for K-12 students from all over the world. With a relentless focus on the long-term, our mission is to bring the essential learning experience that kids are lacking during the fast-paced digital era to grow as future global leaders.
Due to an increase in the technological age, more and more students are showing a lack of interest in reading and thinking at a critical age. However, it is through reading and expressing their thoughts that children learn about the world - people, places, and events. All these are outside of their own experience. Through sharing thoughts with peers both verbally and in writing, they get exposed to ideas and beliefs different from their own.
Bear Institute strongly believes in we can empower young learners by giving them a new kind of learning experience to shape their own future and become global leaders.
Our unique educational program for elementary and upper school students is designed to develop essential skills and provide challenges to think like a global leader. The implementation of the program has allowed us to further personalize instruction and strategies so that our students can better understand themselves, as well as solve the needs to become future global leaders
What does this position require?
Bear Institute is finding an experienced Curriculum Manager, Writer, and Facilitator for K-12 students skilled in creating engaging and effective learning experiences.
The Curriculum Manager will be responsible for assisting in designing and reviewing curriculums for both online and classroom mediums. Collaborating with our teachers online to achieve the goal of providing a unique learning experience in an efficient manner is vital for this role. A successful candidate is energetic, innovative, detail oriented and willing to roll up their sleeves to meet established objectives and thrives in a highly creative, innovative and collaborative team environment.
Candidate should be a compelling educational practitioner who is confident in his/her capacity to deliver a dynamic, engaging and challenging class to students. As an educator, the candidate will maximize the learning potential of every student in their care. This position will also require supporting faculty, parents, administration in understanding and making the necessary accommodations. Additionally, this candidate will facilitate the alignment of our curriculum and instruction.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field OR Current college students majoring in education.
- Must be able to commit for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to come to the office at least 2 -3 times a week.
- Understanding of classroom management and class facilitation.
- Writing Correction and Evaluation Experience.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Deep knowledge and experience with engaging learning experiences.
- Independent and collaborative leadership is required as well as effective writing and communication skills.
- Must be a role model and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- More than 1 year of Elementary/Middle school students teaching experience
- TESOL/TEFL certification or equivalent certification
- Teaching certificate
- Masters / Doctorate degree
- Follow guidelines set by instructional designers & manage deadlines for curriculum developers.
- Assist in long-range and strategic planning and implementation.
- Analyze classes and apply in producing comprehensive curriculum, facilitator and participant guides, and other learning resources.
- Consult with the Senior Curriculum Developer to provide project updates, identify improvement needed points, and discuss where additional support is needed.
- Teaching small group classes based on the developed curriculum and provide feedbacks/updates to the Senior Curriculum Developer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
* Starting from $35/hour. The opportunity to earn more through referral bonuses, teaching incentives, and other promotion
* After 6 months, opportunity to make transition to a full time provided
* Training provided by the company
* Flexible Hours
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
* Salary: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour