ReGeneration Schools is a nonprofit school management organization that's dedicated to revitalizing schools through a college prep and character mission. We manage three elementary Chicago International Charter Schools (CICS) on the south-side of Chicago, IL: CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. ReGeneration currently serves over 1,600 low-income students, with over 93% of our students identifying as African-American.
We are seeking a full-time ESL/ELL Teachers (K-4) to join our CICS Basil campus for the 2022-2023 school year. These individuals must be ELL, ESL, or Bilingual and speak Spanish. These candidates will have superior content knowledge, and a proven track record of providing excellent learning experiences that deepens students' understanding of multiple literacy concepts. These candidates will collaborate with classroom teachers in planning units that are aligned with the Common Core academic standards.
* Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
* High expectations of personal and team performance.
* Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
* Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
* Organized and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
* Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
* 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting.
* Can show proof of full vaccination for Covid-19
* Elementary teaching experience (current IL Type 03 or IL Type 04) - REQUIRED
* Bilingual or ESL endorsement (IL Type 29) - REQUIRED
* Have high expectations and believe that all ELL students can succeed
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
* Design and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
* Design, implement and use informal and formal assessments to measure the progress of students.
* Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
* Work collaboratively with the school team to determine the instructional and social needs of students that ensure success, and promote students' well-being.
* Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
* Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and a strict code of conduct.
* Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
* Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism, and curiosity).
* Work with the school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
* Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order, and rigor.
* Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
* Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
* Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
* Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits (based on education and experience).
ReGeneration Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.